If you’ve ever felt stuck in a rut when it comes to Bible reading, today’s Creative Devotion video is for you! I share 7 ways I get creative about my Bible reading, and I’m confident you’ll find something to help you get unstuck!
- Pick up a Bible and just read! Okay, so this might not be super-creative, but it IS super-simple, and on hectic days, it’s always good to have a simple habit to fall back on.
- Use a study Bible to read a small section (3-5 verses), and use the commentary, cross-references, and charts. Then write out observations using something like the FEAST method.
- Journal or doodle a verse. Write out a short passage or verse using pretty hand lettering to meditate on the words and allow God’s Word to soak into our hearts.
- Color Bible verses using an adult coloring book. Allow the right and left sides of your brain to connect with Scripture. Think about what that verse tells you about God, or how you can apply the principle to your life.
- Write a verse on an index card and use them to pray Scripture over your life, your family, and your community. You can take the card with you in your car, in your purse, or wherever you go. (You can also pray through Scripture using the Prayers of REST podcast.)
- Memorize Scripture to get God’s Word into your mind and heart. This doesn’t have to take an hour a day. Memorize verses while you’re nursing your baby, while folding laundry, while waiting in the carpool line.
- BONUS: Listen to the Bible to fill your heart with God’s Word. Replace your usual soundtracks or podcasts with Bible reading using an app like YouVersion or Dwell (see below for links).
Your Next Step
Choose one of the methods above to try a new way of digging into God’s Word this week. Share what you’re doing and how it’s going with a few friends, and invite them to join you! (If you post to Instagram, tag me @asheritah so I can cheer you on too!)
Scriptures to Read
- Color the Words of Jesus: A Christian Coloring Book for Adults
- Dwell: Scripture Listening App
- FEAST Bible Study bookmark
- Prayers of REST: Scripture prayer podcast
- Asheritah’s other Bible study resources: click here