Your Worship Personality is Enthusiast
Loving God with Mystery and Celebration
You love God with mystery and celebration, and you feel closest to God when you experience spiritual truths in your own life, often with excitement and awe. You enjoy celebrating God’s miraculous work around you and in you.
Without a doubt, God works in miraculous (and sometimes mysterious) ways, and among your friends, you’re more likely to recognize and celebrate them. You might even pray that God would show up in new and unique ways, and you probably have a record of ways God has bolstered your faith by providing in unexpected ways.
Scripture is filled with stories of how God works in ways that defy reason, whether through dreams (Jacob, Joseph, and Daniel all come to mind) or supernatural miracles (how about the Israelites’ crossing the Red Sea, manna in the wilderness, bringing dead to life, and the apostles’ speaking in tongues–to say nothing of Jesus’ numerous miracles during His earthly ministry). Quite simply, our God refuses to be put in a box, and He continually surprises His people in the ways He works, which often prompts His people to worship with celebration and praise.
Other Enthusiasts throughout history include King David, Elijah, Peter, John Chrysostom, Jerome, Charles Swindoll, Zig Ziglar, Barbara Johnson, Becky Tirabassi, and more.
As an Enthusiast, some of your biggest spiritual struggles are chasing extraordinary experiences for the sake of spiritual euphoria and elevating your experiences above the authority and counsel of Scripture.
Remember that God created us to live, serve, and be plugged into a local church body, and that others can help us discern the validity of our experiences by guiding us to the authoritative Word of God. But that doesn’t mean you need to shy away from your enthusiast worship personality; rather, it will help you learn how to grow deeper in your love and knowledge of God.
Here are a few creative worship ideas for you as an Enthusiast:
- Write down significant dreams and talk them over with God and someone you trust.
- Ask God each morning to bring someone in your path who you can minister to, and then watch for them.
- Seek out a friend you can partner with in prayer, and then celebrate as you see God moving and working in powerful ways.
- Flip through old photos and reflect on how God moved in different seasons of your life; think about people He used, conversations that drew you closer to Him, successes and failures, special events, and praise Him.
- Celebrate God’s work in those around you, even if it’s writing a congratulations card, delivering flowers, or throwing surprise parties.
Please keep in mind that this list is NOT a to-do list to earn God’s favor. Jesus already did that. God won’t be impressed or more pleased with you if you do any or all of the above. Really, He’s after the heart. But if your heart is right with God, this list will give you ideas to seek Him in new ways that may open up fresh paths of communication with Him.
Receive a FREE 3-video series on
Jumpstarting Your Creative Worship Experience